My tumble dryer packed up on me a couple of days ago and after mocking together some washing lines I got quite a bit of washing done yesterday. However today I had 3 lines of washing out and it was soaked through before I could get it in. I cried for a few minutes then prayed that the OH could fix the tumble dryer tonight. I enjoyed using a washing line for all of a day but when the rain hits you realise that line drying just isn't for you!!
Anyway, every other day so far has been gorgeous and extremely hot. Yet the children were always in the house. So myself and OH made the decision that we should buy something for the back garden that will hopefully get them out in the fresh air and playing outdoors.
I spent ages looking into what we could get and I decided that I wanted to get a wooden climbing frame. Something that should last a good few years and that they can all use and play on together. I found a website with fab prices on climbing frames and my only issue was which one to go for. Which one had the best combination for what we wanted/needed plus would fit in the garden with room to spare! I showed Thing 4 what climbing frames there were and he obviously wanted the buggest one. Unfortunately our budget didn't cover the £10,000+ climbing frame and I'm sure the neighbours wouldn't have appreciated us using their garden as well as ours to put it in!
I enlisted the help of my brother, sister in law and their son to help with the construction process. Whilst awaiting my brothers arrival I started sorting the wood into piles of which parts were required for each page in the instruction booklet. This really helped the whole process as I am sure if we hadn't of done this most of our time would have been spent sorting through all the wood to find the correct pieces.
There were hundreds of screws/bolts etc... in all different sizes. Again with these I found it easier to get all the screws/bolts ready that were needed for the next page of construction whilst my brother was working on the previous page, this meant we were all ready and prepared when each stage was complete and we moved onto the next one.
The whole process took around five hours with my brother working on the main construction with myself and my sister in law working on sorting all of the pieces for when he needed them. This routine worked well for us and it helped that it was a lovely sunny day too.
We would like to add the wrap around playhouse to it at some point but for now they are very happy with the climbing frame and it will definitely be used for years to come.